While working on a host of new drinks for the El Vaquero drink menu, I found several references to a Nacional Daiquiri, created at the Hotel Nacional in Havana, Cuba using apricot brandy.
Never able to leave well enough alone, I fooled around with proportions and flavors until I came up with this twist on the hotel’s famous daiquiri. It’s been a huge hit this spring.
Nacional Print Me
- 1.5 oz/45 ml Bacardi Superior rum
- .75 oz/22.5 ml apricot brandy
- 1 oz/30 ml fresh lime juice
- .75 oz/22.5 ml 2:1 simple syrup
- 2 generous dashes Fee Brothers Peach Bitters
- Shake ingredients well over cracked ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Recipe printed courtesy of jeffreymorgenthaler.com