Ah, the Richmond Gimlet, one of the best summer drinks to ever come out of the emerald hamlet of Eugene, Oregon… Its soft flavors imbued with fresh mint, mingling with the herbaceousness of gin and the tartness of lime have made this drink a Eugene classic for many years now. It was created for Daniel Richmond, a waiter at Marche restaurant in Eugene, by me, at Bamboo, in 2001. It’s a simple drink, but crisp and refreshing. Tanqueray Ten has a really nice, soft flavor due to the fact that they use fresh botanicals and fruit in the still. A crowd pleaser, and an easy introduction to gin for people who shun the spirit.
Richmond Gimlet Print Me
- 2 oz Tanqueray No. 10 gin
- ¾ oz/22.5 ml fresh lime juice
- ¾ oz/22.5 ml simple syrup
- 1 large sprig mint
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with ice cubes until cold.
- Fine-strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Serve without garnish.
Recipe printed courtesy of jeffreymorgenthaler.com